Sunday 13 March 2016

Making Tutorials

I've had a lot of fun this weekend making my first tutorial!

Obviously it's not a full-on bear making tutorial.  I did think about trying to perfect one of my patterns but the truth is my working patterns are incredibly rough and ready, lots of bits I know need to be longer but aren't and markings that don't exist, so it's more than a weekend job... so I thought I'd try out the format on something else first.  I hope you think that the video works: I'm wondering if I'd be better off switching the camera view as my active left hand blocks some things, but other than that I'm pretty happy!


The little guy in the photo above is a weeny version of this guy- they're called Alpacasso and are an import from Japan.  I first came across them a few years ago but they were really hard to get a hold of then.  Now there's a bigger international market for them so I finally got my hands on my first two!



I treated myself to two after Mac found a new home (more on this later) but immediately had to hide them from Boris as he has a real fetish for synthetic plush (although not mohair thankfully!).  There's an in-betweeny size too which I'd like to get at some point in the future but maybe not from the USA: I got charged £30.71 to release this parcel from customs! Grrr!


As I said earlier, Mac is the latest Lugly to find a new home.  It's great when I sell one of my newer, dolly style bears because I know they are too big for many collectors homes, but what was even better about this was that two of the bidders (including the eventual winner) were past collectors, and one of them was the person who bought Pancake, my first dolly bear!  That makes me really happy, because if you like one enough to want another despite their sizes, I must be doing something right :)

I have added a booklet to the tutorials page on my site too, which I used to run my beginner Bear Making Club at the school where I teach.  I'm hoping that when I do produce a proper bear pattern I won't have to explain too much as that booklet will cover most things- fingers crossed!

Chloe and the Lugly's xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment